Taking these measures before, during, and after anti-wrinkle injections will help you have both a better experience and improve results.
During the treatment
1. Come to your appointment makeup free - Your skin will be cleaned with an antiseptic before you get anti-wrinkle injections, so please come to your appointment with nothing on your skin. If you wear makeup, it will have to be removed before commencing the treatment.
2. Stay still but pay attention - If you are afraid of needles, don't make yourself writhe with discomfort by thinking about them. Distract your mind with other thoughts and focus on your breath. The anti-wrinkle injections will be over before you know it. Try and stay as still as possible but please pay follow your nurse/doctor’s instructions. He/she will tell you to smile, relax, frown and so on throughout the injecting process.
3. Use an ice pack – Ice is important before, during, and after anti-wrinkle injections as it can help reduce any potential signs of bruising.
After your treatment
1. Don't touch your skin where you have been injected. Avoid rubbing and massaging the treated area for at least 24 hours because you don't want to make the anti-wrinkle injections spread to other unintended muscles.
2. Avoid strenuous physical activity for 12-24 hours.
3. Avoid consuming alcohol for 24-48 hours.
4. Avoid getting facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion and other skin treatments for 24 hours post anti-wrinkle injections.
5. Avoid taking the blood thinning medications for 24-48 hours. Paracetamol is a safe fir headache/pain relief).
6. If you get bruising from anti-wrinkle injections, topical treatments such as vitamin K and Arnica can help. Alternatively you can get Vbeam, pulsed-dye, or KTP laser treatments to make the bruising reduce faster. Green or yellow concealers can also help cover up bruising.
7. Please ensure you make a follow up appointment for 2 – 4 weeks after treatment.