Receptionist and Personal Assistant - Full Time
We are a young and vibrant dermatology, cosmetic and wellness practice in St Kilda East, providing premium and holistic services. We are looking for a patient-focused, capable and organised medical receptionist to join our team.
This role will be responsible for reception and administration support including:
* Answer phones and greet patients
* Manage patient appointments
* Manage patient accounts and receipts
* Manage patient and referrer communication within the administrative team
* Assist patients through informed financial consent and associated activities
* To work with the administration team to support Dr. Rudd and the clinical team in the delivery of quality care
* To assist Dr Rudd directly in administrative duties (personal assistant duties)
* Provide support to clinical staff at the reception interface
* Perform office administrative duties
* Professionally represent the practice at all times
* Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
Previous experience (minimum 1-2 years) in a reception/administration role in a private medical practice is highly desirable. Experience in a specialist private practice setting will be considered favourably. A mature, responsive and patient-focused attitude is required.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated patient focused approach and genuine empathy towards patients
* Excellent organisational and time management skills and a proven ability to work in a busy, professional team
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and show initiative
* Strong IT skills and the ability to make effective use of technology for efficiency and service
* Adaptability and flexibility, together with a willingness to embrace change
* Well presented, friendly and courteous, representing the practice in a positive manner at all times
* Demonstrated diligence, honesty and integrity in all areas
* Commitment to ongoing professional development and improvement
* A working knowledge of medical referral mechanisms
* Basic understanding of Medicare codes, claiming and private health insurance as they relate to specialist practice.
* Provide a cover letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the role; and
* Provide a resume with 2 professional referees, including phone contact details to email@example.com
Applications which do not meet the criteria above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.